Paddle, Learn, and Enjoy the Bay!
Join SBEP for sustainable kayak eco-tours throughout the Sarasota Bay watershed and discover the habitats and wildlife that make Sarasota Bay an Estuary of National Significance. Bay Wise Kayak Eco-Tours have been certified Gold by the Florida Society for Ethical Ecotourism, meaning that they promote environmental awareness while taking steps to reduce the ecological impact of tourism.
Eco-tours run from December through April with professional guide Brad Tanner. The trips are free, but participants need to bring their own kayak and gear or rent from the many outfitters throughout Sarasota and Manatee Counties. Each trip lasts between two and three hours. Space is limited to 15 individuals per outing. Peruse the calendar on this page or visit our Eventbrite organizer profile to see and register for upcoming Bay Wise tours.
2018-2019 Bay Wise Kayak Tours Dates
- November 17, 2018 - 9:00 AM: Sarasota Bay and Quick Point Nature Preserve
- November 23, 2018 - 5:00 PM: Full Moon Paddle on Sarasota Bay
- December 8, 2018 - 9:00 AM: North Creek and Little Sarasota Bay
- January 19, 2019 - 9:00 AM: Leffis and Jewfish Keys
- January 26, 2019 - 9:00 AM: Blind Pass, Bird Keys, and Little Sarasota Bay
- February 9, 2019 - 9:00 AM: Blind Pass, Bird Keys, and Little Sarasota Bay
- February 23, 2019 - 9:00 AM: North Creek and Little Sarasota Bay
- March 9, 2019 - 9:00 AM: Oscar Scherer State Park and South Creek
- March 23, 2019 - 9:00 AM: Oscar Scherer State Park and South Creek
- March 31, 2019 - 9:00 AM: Phillippi Creek
Bay Wise Kayaks Calendar
"We are glad to see the Bay Wise Kayak Tours Award [for leading sustainable eco-tours] and have grown to love the area waters, touring with Brad Tanner and discovering new kayaking opportunities in the last 4 years...you are a valuable resource and ecology ambassador!" - Craig and Susan Larson, long-time Bay Wise participants